Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Perfect Timing

We had a setback with some adoption paperwork yesterday. It was very disappointing news to us as we were expecting to hear about travel this week. We had been given misinformation about our paperwork being at Embassy. In actuality, it wasn't sent there yet and our agency can only send it on Thursdays. So, it won't be sent until the 24th. Hopefully, they will find everything in order, and we will hear early next week about travelling.

The hardest part at this point is seeing other families get their call to travel. We had 10 families at our court date, and all but three of us have, or will be traveling this weekend to bring their children home. We ask ourselves, why do we have to be the unlucky ones...why didn't our paperwork go through as fast as everyone else's...why would God want our son to wait so long for his family to get him? The frustration, anger, self pity, depression all weighed hard on our hearts and minds. As we were feeling very discouraged last night, I prayed to Jesus," Please speak to me, I really need to hear from You." It was more of a groan than a prayer, but I know He hears it just the same.

In my devotion that I read by David Jeremiah, he says,"Perhaps your children are scattered around the country or around the world. Remember this: though you are separated by hundreds of miles (or thousands in our case), you can feel a sense of oneness in the presence of God, a sense of security that God will do what He's promised. Wow, I LOVE how God speaks to me loud and clear when I really need it! This devotion was focused on the importance of praying for our kids (James 5:16) and I know God placed it on the exact date that I needed to hear it.

I then went back to the two devotions from the days before. The one for the 19th was titled "One Day At A Time". He stated: "It's not wrong to think about tomorrow, to plan for tomorrow, or to make provision for tomorrow. It's just wrong to worry about tomorrow." "God has ordained that life moves at the pace of one day at a time. All He wants us to do is be in step with Him - To trust Him for today." The devotion on the 20th was about waiting on God. " One of the hardest things for us to do is wait on God. Sometimes God's promises don't materialize as soon as we would like,and we wonder if God has forgotten us." "God is not only in charge of the event, but He is in charge of the timing...God has never promised anything to any of us that He is not able to do; and He is faithful to do what He has promised." AWESOME! You think God is trying to tell me something? Isn't it so obvious when we really sit down and reflect on the situation! This really energized me and assured me again that God is still in control. I just had to share this because we want Him to be glorified through this whole adoption process. He is the one who guided us to our son and He is going to do what He promised. I know He is using this waiting period for His purposes and will continue to work out the details. I am so glad to serve a God who cares about ALL the details in our lives, big and small. I hope and pray this encourages someone today! Romans 4:20-21 "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He promised."

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I think I would be tempted to look ahead to tomorrow's devotional ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Heidi ~ Thanks so much for sharing! You are a sweet and wonderful woman... and I know God is being glorified in this testimony!!

    Love you much!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is breaking for you. As you noted, the waiting is SO hard, especially wondering why God opens doors for others but leaves the one before YOU shut. Psalm 18:32 has reminded me during difficult times, "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

    ReplyDelete