
We were told that the paperwork for adoption would take 3-6 months to complete. Being the type A personality that my husband is, we thought that we would be done in a maximum of 3 months. Little did we know that you can do everything as quickly as you can and then it is a constant hurry up and wait for the next set of signatures, authorizations, or approvals. This is definitely a test of patience and faith. It took us almost exactly six months, but we finally made it. Praise God we are a waiting family for adoption from Ethiopia. We started on the list at #83. This is really exciting for us and we can't wait to bring our child home!! If you are curious about how God led us to this decision, we have an entry below in October. Thanks for all your prayers.
Woo hoo! That is so exciting! I love the signs! :)
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord! Heidi - I didn't even know you had a blog... I was checking on Kristy & Ben's wait and saw a comment by YOU! I appreciated reading your entries this afternoon and am very excited that you're officially waiting now :) It'll be long, but we'll be praying!! Our papers are FINALLY heading off the China ... woo. That took a LOT longer than anticipated (we were quoted at 9 month to dossier completion for China and it took 12). Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!
ReplyDelete~ Erin
p.s. We need to get back together again!