Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Introducing...


Well, after beginning the adoption process 17 months ago, and after being an official "waiting family" for 10 months,18 days, 13 hours, and 45 minutes, we got the call. But who's counting?? Our referral came through today!!! We will always remember this day, the day we first laid eyes on our son. Of course the referral had to come through on a day when Ben was at clinic in Champaign. It took me 15 minutes to get ahold of him, and then we had a conference call with our adoption coordinator. Our son, Isaiah, was born in April. We chose the name Isaiah because of the encouraging passages, that led us to adoption, from this book of the Bible. Isaiah means 'saved by God'. He is a healthy 5 1/2 month old. We are a little biased, but he is stinkin' cute! Unfortunately we are not able to post a picture at this time until our court date is past and he is officially ours. Our coordinator estimates that our first trip to Ethiopia will be in late November or early December. I will, however, be carrying a picture with me at all times, so feel free to ask! If we pass court the first time around, we will hopefully have Isaiah home with us late December to January. There are still a lot of hurdles to jump through and I am sure there will be challenges ahead. We ask that you will continue to pray for this process and that we will all safely be home as a family soon.


Beyond Excited!!

13 comments:

  1. THAT'S AWESOME HEIDI!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!! Praise God, one less orphan tonight. So excited for you. Love the song choice! :) Hope I run into you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I was in the middle of telling Andy about where your family was at on the list while I was pulling up the internet ... and then I see an update to your blog! How amazing!! I'm SO excited for your family and PRAY all goes smoothly to get your sweet little addition (can't wait to see his pic!).

    Love you!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. HALLELUJAH!!!!!! THe wait is all worth it when you lay eyes on your little child. Rejoicing with you...and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOO-HOOO!!!! SOO excited for you guys!! Now the hard part...the waiting! (: Oh, so glad about you guys and praying that all goes well from now until that sweet, blessed little man is in your arms. Praising God with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Hooray! Praying for grace during the wait & that your little guy will be home soon. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay!!! can't wait to meet him!
    hang in there, guys- praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sooo happy for you, Isaiah & I share the same birthday! Praying for a smooth next few months! We rejoice with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting time for you guys!! So happy for you!! Cant wait to meet the little guy!! Praying for a speedy delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! The day you got your Amharic CD! :) So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you!!! I can't wait to see a picture of him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really don't know how I MISSED THIS!!!
    SO EXCITING!!!! and praying for you all to meet SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete