
So the last couple months have been too busy and the blog was one of the first things to go. So we are looking back now to February 17th. This is the day that my dad went home to heaven. This was just 68 short days after my mom passed away. The whole thing was a whirl wind and some days I am still in shock. I would have never dreamed two years ago that today I would be without either of my parents. He was diagnosed with lung cancer in August 2008. He never smoked a day in his life but somehow still managed to be gripped by its ugly hand. It slowly took is life away from him and the things that he most loved to do. Anyone that knew my dad knew his passions. He loved his three G's: God, golfing, and grandkids. He also loved to travel and was always getting away or planning his next cruise. Even during some of his last weeks he thought that he was on a cruise and kept asking where the next port was and if Mom was having fun. I guess looking back the next port was heaven's shores and mom was having a blast there already!! Anyway, I miss him and I remember him every day and thank God for the days that I did have with him. There are days that are tougher than others though. It hurts when I see Kyler playing with my dad's golf clubs or hitting the baseball around. My dad would get a kick out of him and he looked forward to the day that Kyler would be able to golf with him. He never had a son and Kyler had a special place in his heart. I pray that days will get easier in time, but I know that there will always be a void without my dad. Thanks be to Jesus for His faithfulness and comfort. He truly has been holding me up even when I feel alone. This is my new normal and it makes Heaven feel even more wonderful.

No comments:
Post a Comment