Saturday, January 8, 2011

Leaving on A Jet Plane

40 hours of driving, 39 hours of flying, 15 hours of layovers - It all sounds daunting, but it's shadowed by the excitement of finally seeing our little gift from God. We will soon be able to count on two hands the days until our court date. If we pass court, or should I say when we pass court later this month, Isaiah will be ours. We can't wait to hold him for the first time and my heart races just thinking about seeing his big eyes and warm smile for the first time. The pictures that we have been receiving from other traveling families can only cut it for so long. I need to hold my son.

I try not to think about the fact that he will not be coming home with us this trip. I am sure it will be harder on us than it will be on him for us to leave him. They still estimate 4-6 weeks until we can go and bring him home, but in the world of adoption, we are not holding our breath. We knew when we started this whole process that it wouldn't be without bumps, but now that we are so close to the end of the road, we are so ready for this chapter in our lives to end and the new chapter, "Family of Five", to begin.

Here is Kyler and Macy with our countdown chain.

So as we near our time of travel we ask something from all of you. Please keep us in your prayers. James 5:16 - The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

1. Safety with driving and flying.
2. Safety for Kyler and Macy while we are gone.
3. Continued health and development for Isaiah
4. That our court date will go smoothly and we pass this first time - Isaiah will then be ours.
5. Our Embassy date (second trip) will come quickly and there will be no hold ups.
6. That we have peace and patience during our separation between court date and embassy date.



2 comments:

  1. I just want to cry and jump up and down I'm so excited for you!!! My heart is with you and I will for sure be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for each step of the way!!! Lifing you to the One who gives us exactly what we need! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete