Waiting!!! We haven't posted in a while, and we have been waiting 9 months this week. It seems that we are in a hamster wheel and we are spinning but not going anywhere. At least that is the way it seems to us, but we know that God has many things in motion and he is preparing. He is preparing the perfect son or daughter for us. He is preparing us to accept and bond with our child. He is preparing Kyler and Macy to be the big brother and sister. He is preparing our extended family and friends. And when everything is ready in His sight, that referral will come.
We are still number 20 on the waiting family list. Everything was moving forward with 8-10 referrals a month until June 30th. This was the day of the last referral to this point. We thought that we would have a referral by now, but we know it is not in our control. We did find out last week that the capital of Ethiopia ran out of DNA tests and that this is the reason for no new referrals. It sounds like there are children waiting for referrals, but they don't know how long it will be before the DNA kits are available and processed. We are praying that some day soon referrals will come raining down on all the waiting families.
The positive side is that this dry spell happened during the summer. We were able to keep busy and enjoy being outside with the kids. Despite the challenge of waiting, we are thankful for this special time with our kids. We appreciate each minute that we are able to spend quality time with them.
Waiting is never easy. But looking back, I can say that God was good through the wait. I didn't like it at the time, but now I see the benefit of it. Praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the update! Continue to give your waiting to God... I know He is growing you and causing you to trust Him even more than you already do. And I am praying that I will do the same :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!