Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pumpkin Festival

Pumpkin Festival? We wouldn't miss it for the world. We were able to go Thursday night and endure the gnat plague while the kids went on rides. They had a blast and it was fun to see them have such a good time. When we got home that night, we found our front door unlocked. I was positive the door was locked before we left. We had to search the house from top to bottom carrying a meat tenderizer. We found nothing out of the ordinary. I guess one of the kids unlocked the door after I had locked it. We also made it to the parade on Saturday. The kids got their fill of candy and the Hohulin family had a good turnout at Susan and Rick's. It was a little hard though as this was the first year we went without my parents. All the firsts are hard.


2 comments:

  1. Heidi!

    I love your blog! I also loved being able to see you that day. I miss actually 'hanging out' with you (to where we can catch up without other events going on). Hopefully someday soon that will happen ;) I know life is busy for both us right now.

    Thanks again for your family letting our family be at that parade location. You are always so good to us! I did think about your parents not being there this year. They were missed. I do forget about all the firsts without them that you still are experiencing. I love you girl!

    love,
    Haley

    p.s. I had to laugh about the meat tenderizer. Glad nobody was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am behind on my blog reading! Loved your story. We've totally done that- one time I took a rolling pin. : )

    ReplyDelete